Yesterday was such a great day. We did a workout that felt hard but not too hard, it actually felt good to be done and I felt like I could have even gone further which is a good sign. Anyway, weights have been killing me. I am so not used to pull-ups and all the different variations of dead lifts we've been doing! This morning when I woke up for my easy run I felt like I'd been hit by a bus :) This is good though because the fact I'm sore tells me I really need it. The track party last night was a blast!! It was hilarious watching everyone trying to run around the track in their costumes. The first event was the 4x600 which I ran. My team placed 2nd in that event for the girls. The second was shot put, then 4x100, then twinkie eating! So I asked my coach if I could do the twinkie eating, and then I took one look at the girls participating and instantly knew I had no chance of helping my team. All the girls in this event were thrower girls and yeah... let's just say those girls could cram! I'm glad I didn't participate because they looked so sick after. The root beer mile came after that and I luckily didn't have to participate in that either! It was so gross though, lots of puking. Anyway, it was pretty entertaining and I'm so pumped for track season! Hope I'm not redshirted but if I am then no big.
So I still haven't eaten junk/straight sugary desserts! 30 days here I come...


Looks like that poor girl is puking...
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are having a fun time at college. Love, Grandma
ReplyDeleteP.S. Thanks for doing the blog
Josie, the rootbeer mile sounds awesome. I need details. What is that? Why so much vomit?!
ReplyDeleteHa ha dad the root beer mile is fun to watch but not to run! So what you do is drink a can of root beer and then run a lap. Then the next lap you drink another can and run another lap. Basically you drink a can a lap and that's why so many people puked!
ReplyDeleteJosie! I am officially following your blog. It's fun to keep up on your fun college athlete life :). Can't wait to see you again in another month or so. Hey, could you change the color of your text where it say's "comment". It's white on light gray and really hard to read. I struggled finding where to click on to make a comment. Thanks girl!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, Josie! Glad you are back to blogging...
ReplyDeleteWow! Staying out late, co-ed sports, flirting, puking, competition, revealing outfits, women in masks &high leggings, twinkie binging, and fighting over the proper pronunciation of rootbeer (it's ROOOOOT, not RUHT). Basically, it makes me miss my mission something real bad.
ReplyDeleteEr...COLLEGE, I mean.
It's college I miss. Totally what I meant.
However, Rootbeer Mile and Twinkie Run...this FHE lesson practically writes itself! (The topic is redeeming the dead.)