It's been forever but don't worry, as Nacho said it, I am still alive. Last week was really exciting running wise because I ran the highest amount of miles I've ever run in a week in my WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE! Yep, it was 48 to be exact. Eight miles every day. The cross country season is officially over and we had one guy from SUU make it to nationals and one of our girls missed making it by one spot! Hope she can make it in track. Anyway, that means all the girls are taking a week off hard workouts and just building mileage back up. So our coach told us to run our high mileage every day last week. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I feel like my body handled it really well. I'm so encouraged! It really helped to do two a days because it broke up all the miles and made it feel not as long. I am grateful for Sundays though, as they really have become days of rest. Monday we ran the canyon run, and I didn't know how my body would do with this because I ran such high mileage last week, but I felt SO GREAT running up that canyon. It was two miles up and once I found a girl I knew I could stick with we pushed each other til the end. I came through about the eighth girl. There are the girls who travel because they're so fast and then a couple seniors that beat me. So that means I am getting better woot! Today I ran 12x60 sec pickups and felt so good too. I am so grateful I'm not injured and I'm starting to get excited for the progression run we are running Wednesday after the break. I love to run, and it's especially fun when you're not injured and feeling healthy!
The no sugar thing has been great. I'm doing this with my mom and I decided since she's still drinking Diet Coke then I can drink hot chocolate. Yes, hot chocolate has way more sugar than Coke but .... whatever. Otherwise, yeah it's been great with no sugar or junk food. This week on Thanksgiving and today I allowed myself pie and some other treats, but tomorrow I'm going to keep going with my mom. She decided to keep going until Christmas so I decided to do it with her! I like doing this because it makes me feel healthier. Pumpkin pie is SO GOOD though! I love Thanksgiving!

No comments:
Post a Comment