Monday = 5.4 miles + 10x100 meter strides
Tuesday = 7 miles with 4x1000 meter repeats with 2 and a half minutes rest in between + weights
Wednesday = SORE + 8 miles @ 7:45 pace
So gradually incorporating speed back into our training, well speed on the track, is going to take some getting used to. Tuesday's workout was not as bad as I thought it would be though, which is a good sign. We had to hit in between 3:20-3:45ish for the 1000's. My splits: 3:31, 3:29, 3:41, 3:30. Average=around 3:33 pace. I was so happy with how I ran these. I wish my third would have been a little faster but on that rep I felt like I pushed harder and it turned out being slower. It is what it is. This workout was really fun because we had the chance to run with the girls who are going to XC pre-nationals on our team. Usually they do separate workouts from us at a different time. It was really encouraging because our coach was so proud of how the other freshman and I ran the 1000's. He told us we are far ahead of the top girls on our team when they were freshman! Besides being sore from weights yesterday I feel so great. I am so grateful I'm not injured and feeling healthy.
Thursday = Most likely pick ups
Rest of the week = Distance
SUU Track

No comments:
Post a Comment