Well, I'm off to college and so stoked! I figure this blog can be a way to keep in touch with close family and friends while I'm three hours away. It'll probably be a lot about running, but I'm sure some college life posts will sneek in there somewhere...
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Running Again
So much has happened this month! But not with running... However, I am back and feeling healthy as ever! September consisted of biking, swimming, stem, and icing. No running whatsoever. It was also a ton of junk food eating because I had zero motivation to eat right. I thought, "If I can't run, what's the point?" Well, today was the first day back of speed. Yesterday I ran 3 miles with the girls at 50% which was easy for me because, well, it was 50%. But today I did about half the workout and man it was KILLER. I don't think I've ever had to come back from something like this before and I cannot believe how hard today felt! First of all, practice is at 2 pm everyday. That means the heat destroys. Secondly, I haven't run speed for over a month. My coach told me, "Run with the girls until you see Zions Bank... if you're still alive..." I thought he was probably joking but boy he wasn't! It really was HARD. Now I can see why it's so difficult for people who slack off on working out to come back. It's painful, period. Today was encouraging though! I ran about four miles and my back felt great until the end. I could feel it a teeny bit at the end, but otherwise everything else was great. I really need to get my cardio up. I can tell I haven't been running and I feel so out of shape. I know everything will work out though.
The workout today was an 80% run. It went like this: two lap warmup on the track, then 80% (which is about 6:10 mile pace) mile on the track, then 2 more miles at the same pace on the road. Then we stopped and coach recorded our times. This is where I stopped, but the girls continued. They all lined up and then they ran 2 more miles up a canyon at 80%! I felt like I was going to die after the 3 miles and cannot imagine going 2 more up a freaking canyon. This makes me want to work harder though because I want to be up there with the other freshman. I am so grateful my back doesn't really hurt anymore. It was definitely a learning experience and now I know exactly what to do if I get injured again. I am so excited to be back! I didn't blog much when I was injured because I didn't have anything to write about... But now I am going to train hard for track and I hope to do well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment